HAVE A QUESTION?
Real Estate Services
Why invest in Portugal?
Real estate investments in Portugal
Why invest in Portugal?
It is reasonable to assume that the Portuguese government is rather pleased to see the rules and regulations related to foreign investment in real estate in other countries, resulting in increasingly more investors buying real estate in Portugal, taking advantage of attractive low property prices resulting from the economic crisis a few years back, especially when compared to the housing prices elsewhere in Europe.
Portugal's step-up to the top of Europe's real estate growth trend in 2019 only confirmed investors' estimates that Portugal's property market is one of the most attractive in Europe.
Portugal is more than just a beautiful place to visit; it is also one of the most sought-after residential and investment locations and offers stable returns on diverse properties.
Portugal is a member of the European Union and offers a stable political and social environment.
Above-average economic growth in the Eurozone and fluent English-speaking workers make Portugal an attractive destination for businesses, from start-ups to global technology giants. A high-quality education system and enviable quality of life are attracting increasingly more families to settle in Portugal.
Portugal is pursuing policies of a low effective tax burden, tax-free remittance of money abroad and no inheritance or wealth taxation. Property buyers who choose to reside in Portugal can apply for Portuguese residency or nationality and obtain a European Union passport.
– Portugal’s geographic location is great. It is the closest European country to the Americas, and its large port in Lisbon is one of the most important in Europe. Portugal also has special relationships with the Portuguese-speaking colonies it previously occupied in Africa.
– Portugal boasts 300 sunny days a year and comfortable temperatures year round, making it a great place to live.
– Portugal has among the lowest crime rates in Europe.
- Lisbon has been selected as the best tourist destination in Europe, both as a cruise destination and as a tourist city in general. It is also one of the top 10 cities in the world for corporate events, and is considered one of the must-see destinations in Europe.
Due to the growing number of visitors, there is an increase in real estate investment in Portugal for both short-term rentals, such as Airbnb, and long-term rentals in the city centres. Investment in Portugal is one of the emerging real estate trends in Europe.
Real estate opportunities
- Portugal is one of the most dynamic property markets in Europe. Following a growing demand and thriving economy, housing prices in Portugal have been steadily climbing since 2014.
Despite significant growth, real estate investment in Portugal remains attractive to foreign investors. The cost of real estate is currently still around 30 percent lower, on average, than any other Western European country.
The combination of expectations that housing prices will continue to rise and the current weakness of the Euro makes this an ideal time to invest in real estate in Portugal.
Foreign investors do not have any asset ownership restrictions, and transaction costs are relatively low. The Portuguese property market includes a wide range of competitively priced properties, ranging from stylish modern lofts to upscale country houses.
– The Portuguese market has earned a reputation for technological innovation, and it serves as an incubator for many international companies. It is now much easier to do business in Portugal, and the EU has recognised it as one of the countries that has taken the greatest steps to reduce bureaucracy. In Portugal, you can open a company in under an hour. Portugal is the seventh country in the OECD in terms of the lowest costs and tax levels.
– Portugal is among the top ten countries in the world in terms of network and road infrastructure, reflecting the country’s focus on modernisation over the last decade. Lisbon Airport is fifteen minutes from the city centre, with a modern metro system, hotels and new convention centres. There are new world-class research centres that have helped Portugal become fourth in the OECD in terms of the number of researchers in the fields of science and engineering.
Innovation and technology
– Lisbon is the first city in Europe to set up a network of electric car charging stations. Lisbon has the best network of fibre optics in Europe, and Portugal has been a pioneer in banking and communications services. Nearly 60% of Portugal’s electricity comes from renewable energy sources.
- 42% speak two languages (mainly English), and 23% speak at least three languages. Improved education means that there has never been a better-prepared young generation entering the job market.
I am interested in
Condos / Apartment
Lot in a Development
Single Family Home
Farm / Raw Land
Lisbon & vicinity
Porto & vicinity
What is your budget?
€25,000 - €50,000
€50,000 - €100,000
€100,000 - €250,000
€250,000 - €500,000
€500,000 - €1,000,000
You are almost done
Financing and Mortgage
Investment Property in Portugal
RE investments in Portugal
Funding transactions in Portugal
Real Estate in Portugal
Why invest in Portugal?
Av. Primeiro de Maio 20
2500-081 Caldas da Rainha
+351 965 443 233
Share to Facebook
Share to WhatsApp
Share to LinkedIn